Lettie Belle

Lettie Belle
The world of a designer and Mummy.

Friday 19 November 2010

Fabric Nostalgia




A gorgeous cushion made using 'Alice' fabric, by Charles Voysey and sold at Habitat in 1988. I had the duvet cover and pillow in this fabric as a child, and just loved it. In fact I continued to use the pillow well into my teens! My dream was to actually be Alice in Wonderland, and I have re-read the books countless times.

The 'Alice in Wonderland' earthenware tiles were designed by Charles Voysey in 1930 and sold at Christies in 2002. I would love these to surround my (imaginary) aga....

Seeing this cushion makes me want to ring mum and see if my old bedding is still in the linen cupboard, and get that sewing machine out!

Cushion, £17 by Cupcakes and Cotton Candy at www.folksy.com

3 comments:

  1. Love this, Laura - and your blog is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, fantastic - good find! But I think that the fabric was also designed by Voysey, not Morris http://www.vam.ac.uk/vastatic/microsites/1159_grand_design/popup.php?img_id=315

    I love Alice stuff too (See my blog for proof :p)

    Ok, I'm off to folksy to see if they still have that cushion - thanks for the tip :D

    ReplyDelete