Lettie Belle

Lettie Belle
The world of a designer and Mummy.

Wednesday 25 December 2013

Merry Christmas!


   

   
 
This is our first Christmas in our new house, and it now really feels like home. We've started some new traditions. These include, leaving sparkly stars and Father Christmas' snacks in the fireplace, and a treasure hunt of small gifts. This is our version of a 'Christmas Eve box'. The girls loved it, and the running about got rid of some Christmas hysteria!

Having children, or having some in the family renews the Christmas excitement I find. It is also a time to remember loved ones who are no longer with us. We all have someone we miss terribly. I miss my father who died nearly 9 years ago. I was very close to him, and Christmas was always a fun time in our household. As I got older, I saw choosing his present as a challenge. It had to be funny, witty or a bit silly.

My finest hour had to be the Christmas before he got ill, when I bought him the singing 'Karma Chameleon' phone from a BT advert. It was totally ridiculous, and also hilarious!

It's magical to see his humour in my daughters' personalities, especially at this time of year. 

Wishing you a fabulous Christmas, and very best wishes for the New Year,

Laura X

No comments:

Post a Comment